Join us in Lent: “I AM” Sayings of Jesus
In the Gospel of John, Jesus gives us the “I Am” sayings, meaningful metaphors such as “I am the bread of life” and “I am the light of the world,” to reveal his mission and purpose. One by one, the “I Am” sayings of Jesus not only grab our imagination about Jesus’ identity, they also help us to experience God, who spoke the first “I am ” to Moses. Join us for this insightful worship and study series as we learn more about the God we can know and as we seek to answer Jesus’ question to us, “Who do you say I am?”
“I AM: Study Bible Study
- Wednesday “I AM” Study: 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (March 13, 20, 27, April 3, 10)
- OR Sunday Morning “I AM” Study: 10:10 a.m.-10:45 a.m (March 10, 17, 24, 31, April 7, 14)
- Participant books are $10 each and may be purchased at church or on Kindle.
- Checks: Pay to Immanuel and write “book study” in the memo line
- Can’t attend a class? Take the e-class at https://urelearning.upperroom.org/p/god-we-can-know.
Wednesday Soup Suppers & Worship
Soup Supper no soup suppers this year due to renovation
Ash Wednesday Worship, March 6, 6:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday Worship 6:30-7:00 pm, starts March 13
- March 13: “I Am the Bread of Life” -Knowing God’s Satisfaction
- March 20: “I Am the Light of the World” -Knowing God’s Guidance
- March 27: “I Am the Good Shepherd” -Knowing God’s Care
- April 3: “I Am the True Vine” -Knowing God’s Power
- April 10: “I Am the Way, the Truth, the Resurrection, and the Life” -Knowing God’s Way & Possibilities
Worship: Palm/ Passion Sunday, April 14, 10 am Procession with palms and dramatic reading of Christ’s Passion
Maunday Thursday, April 18, 7:00 pm Jesus gives the new commandment to “love one another as I have loved you.” Jesus institutes the Lord’s Supper and washes the disciples feet. Stripping the altar at the end of worship.
Good Friday, April 19 7:00 pm Christ’s Seven Last Words, Prayers at Cross
Resurrection of our Lord, Easter Sunday, April 21 9 and 11 am