To support Immanuel’s vision statement to
Reach out to the community at large.
Immanuel is involved in many outreach activities.
We are actively involved in supporting these outreach activities in Missoula
- Family Promise– house and feed families who are homeless 4 weeks a year <more details>
- Habitat for Humanity– assist with homes built in Missoula <more details>
- Emmaus Campus Ministry– support campus ministry at UM <more details>
- Immanuel’s Little Library– outreach to our neighbors <more details>
We host two major events during the church year that invite the community in and celebrate our Scandinavian heritage.
- Annual Scandinavian Bake Sale and Craft Fair on second Saturday in November <more details>
- Bi-Annual Scandinavian Smorgasbord last Saturday in February (our next one will be in February 2018. In 2017- please support Faith Lutheran’s Scandinavian Dinner in Hamilton in January 2017! <more details>
Funds from these activities are dispersed in this way: 10% to the Montana Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), with remaining funds being distributed between outreach activities of Immanuel
Vacation Bible School in June invites community children to join us for five days of stories, music, crafts, games, and fellowship. Dozens of Immanuel members make this a memorable activity for children from Preschool through Fifth grade.
In addition, we support those in need through:
- Giving Tree – Each December we provide gifts, quilts and food for 18-25 families in need in our community. Each family is provided with gifts for each family members, quilts, food, and a gift card to purchase food for Christmas Dinner. <More details>
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Knitters make prayer shawls that are given to people who are in need of comfort. If you know of someone who needs a prayer shawl, let the church office know. Check the calendar for meeting times.
- Missionary Support – Missionary donations are currently being dispensed to support ELCA missionary Kevin Jacobson who is serving as congregational pastor and leadership developer in Paramaribo, Suriname, South America. <more details>
- Lutheran World Relief: Fair Trade Coffee and Chocolate – Immanuel partners with Lutheran World Relief to sell fair trade coffee and chocolate (usually the first Sunday of the month, but available at other times upon request) <more details>http://imluchurch.org/ministries/outreach/missionary/