“God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday is an opportunity to celebrate who we are as the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America — one church, freed in Christ to serve and love our neighbor.
Save the Date: September 13
Two Worship Services: 9 am and 11 am
Rally Day- Learning Hour Begins: 10 am
Join in one of Immanuel’s Work & Service Projects:
(Meet at noon — t-shirts will be available)
Contact: Steve Weber, 406-273-0496, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build a bike rack (People have been parking their bikes creatively around our church because we have no place for them. Significant numbers of church members and groups using our facility ride their bikes);
- Fix the basketball hoop in the parking lot (People have used it in the past, but it hasn’t been functional for a while);
- Playground equipment (Fix the tarp roof and check for other repairs. Our playground area gets used by the Preschool, members and neighborhood folks).
Project for Families with Young Children: Missoula Manor Cards
(Meet 10:10-10:55 am in lower level Preschool area)
Contact: Sonja Wolsky, 406-544-9395, email@example.com
Craft for Missoula Manor residents and cards for Immanuel’s Homebound members.
Project for everyone: Clothing Giveaway
Sunday, Sept. 13 & Thursday, Sept. 17
Contact: Judy Wellert, firstname.lastname@example.org, 406-370-8514
Most of us at Immanuel have too many clothes.They are stuffed on clothing racks, hanging in our closets, packed into our dresser drawers or boxes, or even in storage!But there are some people in Missoula who living in poverty and don’t have adequate clothing.
Let’s help ourselves by lightening our burden of having too much, and help others by providing what they need.On Sunday, September 13, bring all your excess clothing to church, and, starting at 10 a.m., we’ll sort it out in the Fellowship Hall for a Free Clothing Giveaway that will be held on Thursday, September 17, from 2 – 6 p.m. We’ll notify local needy families through charities in Missoula and invite them to come and take the clothing they need.“God’s work, our hands.”
Ways to help:
- Donate clothing of all sizes for children and adults. We’ll also need coats, accessories, and shoes. (Everyone)
- Sort clothing onto racks and tables in the Fellowship Hall, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 13 (Ages Middle School and up)
- Help with the Clothing Giveaway on Thursday, Sept. 17 from 1:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. (Adults)
- Haul away excess clothes to charities.