Words from Pastor Molly
Be devoted in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers. (Romans 12:11b-12)
We have been practicing physical distancing for over a month now. We are restless to be out and about, working, meeting, playing, serving again. As Christians, we remember Jesus call to love and serve our neighbors. Tending to the health and well-being of our neighbors by restricting our own movements and activities is a faithful way that we all are loving and serving God. It’s called sacrifice, and we do it in the image of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The apostle Paul reminds us “let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9) So, keep at it, Immanuel family! Do not lose heart. Through our own struggles, we are saving lives, and that is always God’s will and God’s way.
+ Pastor Molly Sasser-Goehner
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Chalk it Up! Our parking lot has been empty. Let’s fill it up with joyful chalk art! Sign up on-line to decorate an IMLU parking spot this Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th. Bring your own chalk; we will also provide some to be sanitized after each use. People of all ages and sizes are welcome to participate! http://imluchurch.org/volunteer/
- Donation Warehouse IMLU Drop Off We will be collecting items to donate to the the Missoula COVID-19 Mutual Aid Donation Warehouse. Each Sunday from 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., you may drop donations off at the Immanuel parking lot to be donated on Monday. Only very specific items are accepted. Please check out our list and sign up for what you will bring at http://imluchurch.org/volunteer/
- Immanuel Together At Home E-mail a picture of you and your housemates outside your home to Judy Wellert by this Sunday, April 26. Andy Morse will put together a slide show and video for us to show live at Word on Wednesday, May 20.
- Hymn Sing Along, Saturday, April 25 at 7:00 p.m. Back by popular demand! We had so much fun last time we are doing it again! Make your song request (or dedication) by clicking the link below or by calling the church office by Thursday morning, April 23rd. https://forms.gle/DiPbUSgGejQzhWFw6
- GROW on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. (K-5) Hosted by St. Paul Lutheran each week. Three IMLU families joined last week! We read a Bible story, sang a song, said a prayer, and did a serve project. This is the permanent Zoom link that will be used every week: https://luthersem.zoom.us/j/408947684
- Weekly Kid’s Time Message, Sundays at 11:00 a.m. Each Sunday, following the live-stream worship, Sonja from Immanuel and Rebekah from St. Paul alternate hosting a weekly children’s message based on the worship for that Sunday. It is recorded and may be watched at any time. It includes Bible stories, application, prayers, and song. Check it out http://imluchurch.org/kids-time/.
- Word on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Starting today at 6:30 p.m., each week, Pastor Molly and Allen will host a weekly livestream devotion addressing themes related to the pandemic. It will include a song, Scripture reading, message, and prayers. Please e-mail pastor Molly any topics/themes you would like her to address. Go to http://imluchurch.org/watchlive/
- On-line Worship, Sundays at 10:00 a.m. We will continue to host our live stream worship partnership with area ELCA congregations on Sundays at 10 a.m. Services are recorded and may be watched at any time. The service will be re-broadcast on our local PBS MCAT Monday evenings 5-6 p.m. Go to http://imluchurch.org/watchlive/
- Hope Project 19 Prof. Tobin Shearer from the UM history department is building a words of hope collection in this pandemic crisis and is looking for our help. Please consider sharing your thoughts on what gives you hope in 19 words or less by April 30, 2020. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4r0XBN_0mwQghVNsJpLzDUS2yEgKzQntuBJOfBJEuCI91Qw/viewform
- Salvation Army Tech Hub The Salvation Army will host a daily “Tech Hub” for homeless folks who need access to the Internet in order to apply for unemployment, search and apply for housing, check email, connect with social supports, etc. For now, it is set up to run Monday through Thursday, 10-11:30am. Laptops, iPads, chargers and resources (as well as cleaning supplies and protocols) are all onsite. To volunteer for a shift go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e4bafaf23abfe3-salvation Contact Zeke Campfield at 406-207-8228, ext 5 or Zeke@micmt.org
You must be logged in to post a comment.