To support Immanuel’s vision statement to
Reach out to the community at large.
Immanuel is involved in many outreach activities.
We are actively involved in supporting these outreach activities in Missoula
- Family Promise– house and feed families who are homeless 4 weeks a year <more details>
- Habitat for Humanity– assist with homes built in Missoula <more details>
- Emmaus Campus Ministry– support campus ministry at UM <more details>
- Immanuel’s Little Library– outreach to our neighbors <more details>
- Washington Middle School- Immanuel has reached out to Washington Middle School which is located only two blocks from the church. We work with the administration, staff, and parents to benefit the WMS students with our skills related to food and community service. We especially hope to serve those students identified by the Families in Transition program.
We host two major events during the church year that invite the community in and celebrate our Scandinavian heritage. Due to our construction, these events will not be held in 2018.
- Annual Scandinavian Bake Sale and Craft Fair on second Saturday in November <more details>
- Bi-Annual Scandinavian Smorgasbord last Saturday in February. In 2019- please support Faith Lutheran’s Scandinavian Dinner in Hamilton in January 2021! <more details>
Funds from these activities are dispersed in this way: 10% to the Montana Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), with remaining funds being distributed between outreach activities of Immanuel
Vacation Bible School in June or July invites community children to join us for five days of stories, music, crafts, games, and fellowship. Dozens of Immanuel members make this a memorable activity for children from Preschool through Fifth grade.
In addition, we support those in need through:
- Giving Tree – Each December we provide gifts, quilts and food for 18-25 families in need in our community. Each family is provided with gifts for each family members, quilts, food, and a gift card to purchase food for Christmas Dinner. <More details>
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Knitters make prayer shawls that are given to people who are in need of comfort. If you know of someone who needs a prayer shawl, let the church office know.
- Lutheran World Relief Baby Kits- Project Promise Baby Care Kits are distributed as part of emergency relief efforts but they are also given to encourage expectant women to seek prenatal care. Supplies for Layette kits are collected throughout the year to put together into Baby Care Kits which are sent out in May. <More details>
- ELCA World Hunger- During Lent, collections are taken up during Wednesday night soup suppers to support ELCA World Hunger. <More details>