Marks Family Apple Harvest
UPDATE from Ron and Nancy: Thanks to all who came and helped us with our apple harvest! We bottled 170 half gallons of juice and 40 packages of pie apples. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! We are so thankful to our community for your assistance and it was a beautiful day to be outside!
The apple juice and pie apples are gone– and so far we have raised about $2000 of the $2700 goal. Thanks to Immanuel Endowment for their $800 contribution.
We are still collecting donations through the end of October.
Donations can be made to Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Donations are still welcome!
- Make checks out to Immanuel Lutheran – note “apples” with your donation. Send to 830 S Ave West, Missoula 59801
- Use your credit card: Click button below to donate online. Choose Apple Days for your donation.
Ron and Nancy Marks own an apple orchard of 11 Macintosh apple trees. Every year their family chooses a non-profit to share the “fruits of our labor” as apples are harvested Friends, family and our church community are invited to come help pick apples, make apple juice and cut up apples for pies. People come and help and take home some juice and have the option to purchase additional juice or apples by making a donation.
FLATHEAD LUTHERAN BIBLE CAMP RETREAT MINISTRY
This year we have chosen Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp Retreat Ministry in memory of Nancy’s dear friend Brenda Burau, who recently died from complications of Covid. Brenda was an avid fan of the WELCA (Women of the ELCA) Women’s Retreat that her mother started many years ago. She loved to attend the retreats. She was also a swimmer and loved the water.
The proceeds from the donations for apples will go to fund an ADA lift chair for the FLBC swim dock, so people with mobility issues can get in the water and cool down on those hot summer days. The goal is to raise $2700 to purchase the chair. The camp is willing to help with raising funds as well.
- Dates will be October 1 (afternoon) October 2 (morning and afternoon) and October 3 (afternoon). If needed, we may also have shifts on Monday October 4th or Saturday October 9th.
- Sign up for a shift to come help pick apples, sort apples, squeeze and pasteurize the juice.
- Everyone who comes to help takes home a 1/2 gallon of pasteurized juice
- Make a donation for more juice or apples. (suggested price $2.50 a half gallon)
ADDRESS: 3524 South 3rd West.
- Please park in our driveway
- OR in our neighbor’s driveway (please don’t block their garage)
- OR in the Turner Farms’ Parking to the east of us on 3rd ST.
Please DO NOT park on Stallion Lake. Turner Farms is having their pumpkin days as well each afternoon – so be sure to plan some time to visit there too! Live music and food trucks as well!
- Bring your “pod” and work together.
- If you are unvaccinated, please wear a mask. If vaccinated, please wear a mask when you are within 6 feet of others not in your pod.
- Practice social distancing.
- Masks required when using the apple press to make juice or cutting up apples
- Bring your own containers to take apples home.
- Please signup below or call Nancy Marks at 406-396-5494 to sign up.
- Text to GIVE:
- Leave your checkbook at home. If you have a smart phone and credit or debit card you can now make donations by texting.
- Text 855-496-0725
- Enter the dollar amount you want to give $ 00.00 apple, and tap send.
- The first time you use texting it will send you a link to set up your card information. Any time after that you only need to text the amount of your contribution
- CLICK HERE to download directions